21 “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. 22 On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ 23 But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
24 “Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. 25 Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. 26 But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. 27 When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.”
I’ve been perplexed about Matthew 7:22 for years. How is it possible for people to prophesy, cast out demons and perform many miracles without knowing God? How can the gifts of the Spirit operate in unbelievers or disciples who are disobeying God? I’ve gone round and round about this with my mentor. Every time I’ve asked her these questions, she’s always given me the same reply, “Jodie, the gifts are without repentance.” Feeling thick headed I usually moan, “I just don’t understand that!”
But one day last week, a miracle happened…..
I was reading this passage again when my friends words echoed through my mind- and the Holy Spirit breathed revelation to my soul:
1) God is in control
2) God is able to chose who (submitted disciples, unbelievers or rebellious followers) He gives spiritual gifts to
3) God is able to chose what type of gifts He wants to give
4) Spiritual gifts are not a sign of repentance, but a sign of Gods power and ability to Advance His Kingdom through whatever and whomever He chooses
5) God will judge those who do not know Him and who deceive others through false prophesy, etc.
6) I am able to choose whether or not to listen to Jesus’ teachings and follow Him
7) I am able to choose whether or not to use God’s gifts to go make disciples (Matthew 28:19)
A son or daughter who chooses to listen & follow God will have a stable life. Everything they do, every decision they make that is submitted to God will be rock solid. When life’s circumstances begin to flood in and the wind and rain beats against them, they won’t collapse. They know that their foundation can withstand any storm.
But, I’ve only met 1 person who could listen and follow perfectly, at all times: Jesus Christ.
What then are we sand castle building children to do?
Ignore all the areas of our lives that are collapsing?
Judge others who are breaking God’s law in order to make ourselves feel better?
Complain about all the areas of our lives that are not rock solid?
1) We can choose to rest in the truth that The Master Architect has great plans for our lives (Jeremiah 29:11).
2) We can choose to believe that God is building us into sons and daughters who look more and more like His perfect Son.
3) We can choose to obey Him in whatever area of our lives He is rebuilding at the time (our lives, our marriages, our children, our jobs, our ministry…..).
4) We can choose to read His Word and do what it says.
5) We can choose to repent for disobeying God’s laws.
6) We can choose not to judge others who are disobeying God’s laws.
7) We can choose to use the gifts He gives us in order to Advance His Kingdom.
As a daughter of the Most High, I choose to build my life on solid rock, by fearing God above all others, for I have NO desire to hear my Father say, “I never knew you….” on judgment day.
10 Fear of the Lord is the foundation of wisdom.
Knowledge of the Holy One results in good judgment.
One thought on “I Never Knew You”
Satan followers can perform miracles & wonders, such a fortune telling & witchcraft.
Sent from Windows Mail